Windows Proxy Documentation
NOTE: You MUST have done the following before you can set up your TJ Proxy
- Log in at a TJHSST-provided Windows Computer (Laptop or Desktop)
Follow the screenshots below to clear your Edge cache.
- Open Edge.
- Click the menu button (three dots, horizontally).
- Click "Settings."
- Click "Choose what to clear."
- Make sure "Cached data and files" is checked. You may wish to uncheck the other checkboxes.
- Click "Clear."
Follow the screenshots below to configure the database proxy on Windows.
- Click the Start menu icon. The Start menu appears.
- In the search field, search "internet options" and click on the first result.
- A window will open. Choose the "Connections" tab.
- In the "Connections" tab, click on "LAN Settings."
- In the "LAN Settings" popup, check the box "Use automatic configuration script"
- In the "Address" field, type
- Click "OK" and then "OK" again.
Test It Out
Note: You MUST use the database links provided at https://sites.google.com/view/tjlibraryresources/ejournals-databases