(Redirected from Talk:Workstation)
- Format it not stupehd?/1!?!? LARRRRRR
- Get real data where Alfie made it up, and put in more where necessary (yes that means check it fo' realz, you).
- But don't give a care about POV. It's not possible to convey a LOT of this info without it.
- Perhaps something should be included with regards to the monitors we have.
- Consider using a template for the workstation generation stats. adeason 22:05, 26 February 2006 (EST)
2016crichoux's notes on trying to get an Arch image together with Salt
I'm going to turn this into a guide after I actually get everything working. For now, I'm going to stick my lab notes about what works/doesn't on Samaritan here.
- DBAN'd Samaritan. Wahoo.
- going to use the same partition scheme (with lvm), except i'll stick root inside the lvm partition, because root just has symlinks to /usr so there's really no point in leaving it separate.
- old partition scheme on current workstations http://pastebin.com/cj6M38sh
- useful instructions https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LVM#Installing_Arch_Linux_on_LVM
- more useful instructions https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/beginners'_guide#Preparation
pre-arch setup process
- just like the archlinux beginner's guide, but set ntp to tj's ntp servers in /etc/ntp.conf
- when you get to partitioning and mounting and mkfs-ing, look at the partitions on samaritan (PASTEBIN IT CLAUDIA), follow the steps in the lvm guide.
- gonna need to downgrade linux kernel to 4.4.1 when it's time to set up afs but.... whatever ill do it later.