All current students at TJHSST have the following accounts created for them to access resources provided by both TJHSST and FCPS.
TJ Account (LOCAL)
The most important account that you have as a TJ Student is your TJ Account, also known as a LOCAL domain account. The username for this account is of the form
<graduationyear><first initial><first seven letters of your last name>, for example,
2017awilliam. In the event of duplicate usernames, a number will be appended, for example,
2017awilliam2. This account is used to access the following resources:
- All School Computers at TJ
- The Student Intranet (iodine.tjhsst.edu)
- The TJ Email System (webmail.tjhsst.edu)
- The Shares Remote File Access System (Accessing_Your_TJ_Files_Remotely)
- The Library Database Proxy System (directions here)
- The TJ SSH Remote Access Server (remote.tjhsst.edu)
In addition, your TJ Account is also used as the basis for your TJ Email Address which is
Your-TJ-Username@tjhsst.edu, for example,
To change the password for your TJ Account, see the guide Changing_your_password
FCPS Account (FCPSEDU)
As a TJ Student, you also have an FCPS domain account. The username for this account is your Student ID Number. This account is used to access the following resources:
- The Fairfax secure wireless network (managed through the FCPSonboard system)
- Setting up your Google Apps for Education Account
- All School Computers at any other FCPS School
- FCPS-provided teacher computers at TJ.
A laptop cart of computers connected to the FCPSEDU domain is also available in the TJ Library.
Blackboard Account (fcps.blackboard.com)
All students have an account on FCPS Blackboard. Your Blackboard username is your Student ID Number, however, this password is managed separately from your FCPS Account.
Google Apps for Education Account (fcpsschools.net)
All students have a Google Apps for Education Account which provides access to an internally shared version of Google Apps for all of FCPS. Your Google Apps username is
Your-StudentID-Number@fcpsschools.net. The credentials for this account are separate from your FCPS network account credentials, although they may be partially synced. (I have heard that there is a one-way sync between your FCPSEDU and Google Apps credentials, but I have not observed this working.)