Firefox Proxy Documentation
NOTE: You MUST have done the following before you can set up your TJ Proxy
- Log in at a TJHSST-provided Windows Computer (Laptop or Desktop)
Follow the screenshots below to clear your Firefox cache.
- Open the menu by clicking the 3 bars at the top right
- Click on 'Preferences'
- Choose the 'Privacy' pane on the left side
- Click on the 'clear all current history'
- Make sure the time range is set to 'Everything' and 'Cache' is selected
- Click 'Clear Now'
Follow the screenshots below to configure your proxy in Firefox
- Navigate to the 'Advanced' tab of the preferences pane
- Click on 'Network'
- Choose the 'Settings' option under 'Connection'
- Select the 'Automatic proxy configuration URL' option
- Enter https://pac.tjhsst.edu/
- Click 'OK'
Test It Out
Note: You MUST use the database links provided at https://tjhsst.edu/research-academics/library/databases.html
- Navigate to https://tjhsst.edu/research-academics/library/databases.html
- Select the 'Ebook Central' database
- Enter your username and password. The format is <graduating year><first initial><first seven letters of last name>(In the example, the student would be Omkar Kulkarni, Class of 2019)
- You should see a page like this, with Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology at the top
- You're finished!