Director, also known as web3, is a website management interface for student and activity websites. It was created during the 2016-17 school year, and is currently used by many of the web application development classes.
The application was created to provide a secure, beginner friendly, and highly customizable website hosting platform. To achieve this goal, many features, including a web terminal and online editor, were implemented. The project has been completely student-built, and was the senior research project of Eric Wang.
|Hosted on||Hosted on::Sirius|
|Provides service||Service provided::Web|
Director currently runs on Sirius. It currently requires a minimum of 8 GB of RAM due to all of the sites that are running on it.
Director Configuration Files
- Sites: /etc/nginx/director.d/*
- Sites: /etc/supervisor/director.d/*
- Sites: /etc/php/7.0/fpm/pool.d/*
- Access log - access.log, access.log.X, access.log.X.gz
- Error log - error.log, error.log.X, error.log.X.gz
- Django Server: director.log
- Node.js Server: directornode.log
- GitHub Deploy Hook: directorgithook.log
- Format backupYYYYMMDD.sql.xz
- Monthly backups of database
- Run under a crontab with the postgres user
Other Configuration Files
- @director hard nproc 100 - Limit all sites to a maximum of 100 processes.
- @director hard as 4000000 - Limit all site processes to a maximum of 4G memory.
apt-get install -y sshpass apt-get install -y htop tmux screen git at apt-get install -y sqlite3 curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_6.x | sudo -E bash - apt-get install -y nodejs npm apt-get install -y golang-go apt-get install -y ruby-full apt-get install -y php7.0-mbstring php7.0-xml php7.0-mysql php7.0-pgsql php7.0-sqlite php7.0-gd php7.0-ldap php7.0-curl php7.0-mcrypt php7.0-zip composer apt-get install -y default-jdk default-jre scala apt-get install -y python-pip python3-pip apt-get install -y imagemagick apt-get install -y haskell-platform apt-get install -y mysql-client pip install Flask Django requests numpy pip3 install Flask Django requests numpy npm install -g pm2
- MediaWiki Parsoid