This is the Computer Systems Lab idea / wish list. Please place items here that might be useful for the CSL. Please include descriptions/explanations, prices, and links to be helpful.
RFID Cards for Machine Room
- Pack of 20: http://www.nokey.com/avbadtypprox1.html
- Pack of 25/50/100: http://www.nokey.com/avproxcarinp.html
Remotely switchable outlets
Four ports in order to remotely control the power of the Promise storage arrays.
- Enough ports for the Promise arrays, as well as Emperor and Sovereign.
- Option: DLI Ethernet Power Controller w/Autoping & Metering $295
- Option: Black Box 4 port single bus $384
- Option: Black Box 8 port dual-bus auto-load-balancing?
- Option: Black Box Jr. 1 port $275
Line Cards / Accessories for Cisco 4506 Switch
- 48 port gigabit line card - WS-X4548-GB-RJ45 or WS-X4448-GB-RJ45 (older version)
- 10GbE uplink to the main switch (if that gets 10GbE this year)?
New Linux Servers
- One or Two new Linux servers, as the newest Linux servers are over 1.5 years old
- Possibility of getting 3 new X4150s with next AEG proposal
- Replace aging servers for production purposes (adelie and penguins)
- More technical details after we have more budget details
Sun Ray laptops
- Up to 10, depending on determined need/want and available budget at time of purchase
- Would be used by student and staff IT as desired
- Models being considered: General Dynamics/Tadpole Meteor, Naturetech Jasper 320, Accutech Gobi 7
- Prices are not posted here since they were requested quotes. Let me know if you'd like to know what these are.