This is the Computer Systems Lab idea / wish list. Please place items here that might be useful for the CSL. Please include descriptions/explanations, prices, and links to be helpful.
- Cat5e / Cat6 cable in 1000ft spools (in excess of 20,000 feet for all workstations)
- New patch panel that is Cat5e / Cat6 compliant for >=96 ports
- New drops along the glass wall?
- Cable organizers?
New Linux Servers
- One or Two new Linux servers, as the newest Linux servers are over 1.5 years old
- Replace aging servers for production purposes (adelie and penguins)
- More technical details after we have more budget details
Line Cards / Accessories for Cisco 4506 Switch
- 48 port gigabit line card - WS-X4548-GB-RJ45 or WS-X4448-GB-RJ45 (older version)
- 10GbE uplink to the main switch (if that gets 10GbE this year)?
Sun Ray laptops
- Up to 10, depending on determined need/want and available budget at time of purchase
- Would be used by student and staff IT as desired
- Models being considered: General Dynamics/Tadpole Meteor, Naturetech Jasper 320, Accutech Gobi 7
- Prices are not posted here since they were requested quotes. Let me know if you'd like to know what these are.