This is the Computer Systems Lab wish list. Please place items here that you think would like to have purchased/acquired for the CSL. Please include descriptions/explanations, prices, and links to be helpful.
- Avocent MergePoint 5224/5240 DAC (PCNation $3134/4057)
- Centralized management of iLO/ILOM/ALOM/IPMI/etc.
- Needs more research and consideration before requesting; however, this is something that I think is worth looking at.
For more than $3000, I do not see how this is worth the money. The centralized access would be nice, but I do not think we have a need at this point. Using each server's LOM works fine, particularly when this costs almost as much as a good server. Brandon Vargo 14:09, 2 February 2008 (EST)
StorEdge D2 array(s)
- 1-2 dual bus models
- Potential for Sun Cluster (HA) for AFS on ZFS and in a Solaris Container
- Purchase 540-3024 SPUD brackets from Jack Breese's company if needed
- Buy cables (VHDCI->VHDCI)
- Seagate hard drives if 2 arrays (all of adelie's hard drives will be pulled)
- Budget allocation:
- Liberal: $4000 (6 Seagate 73gb from TigerDirect, 2 D2-dual bus, a few SPUD brackets, SCSI cables from PCMall)
- Conservative: $1500 (1 D2 dual bus, SCSI cables from PCMall)
- Whether or not we want workstation UPS's and if yes how many
- Need to check/evaluate production server UPS's to determine what batteries need to be replaced
iLO Advanced licenses (one per HP)
- Key features useful to us: Enables full remote KVM capability and authentication integrated with ADS
- Need to navigate through the HP Education site and select VA contract. 6 servers x $249 per license
- Suggest further discussion on this item during meeting