This is the official Computer Systems Lab wish list. Please place items here that you think would like to have purchased/acquired for the CSL. Generally this will only be used when the budget is not currently available and we are generating a list pending a budget recycle.
Strike-through items once they have been obtained. Also include descriptions/explanations, prices, and links to be helpful.
- iLO Advanced licenses (one per HP)
- Key features useful to us: Enables full remote KVM capability and authentication integrated with ADS
- Need to navigate through the HP Education site and select VA contract. 6 servers x $249 per license.
- Suggest further discussion on this item during meeting
- Remotely switchable outlets (pending decision on retirement of old servers)
- Option: DLI Ethernet Power Controller w/Autoping & Metering $295
- Option: Black Box 4 port single bus $384
- Option: Black Box 8 port dual-bus auto-load-balancing?
- Option: Black Box Jr. 1 port $275
- StorEdge D2 array(s)
- 2 dual bus models
- potential for Sun Cluster (HA) for AFS on ZFS and in a Solaris Container
- purchase 540-3024 SPUD brackets from Jack Breese's company if needed
- buy cables if needed (VHDCI->VHDCI)
- 3 or 4 LSI22320-R U320 SCSI HBAs $266
- 2 Sun PCIe U320 HBAs (if only 2 HBAs above; depend on Sun grant status)
- Seagate hard drives (dependent on adelie roadmap)
- Liberal budget allocation: $6500
- 2x Sun Fire V215
- Run Sun Ray network
- LDAP, SGD, attach arrays if grant not accepted