Windows Proxy Documentation
NOTE: You MUST have done the following before you can set up your TJ Proxy
- Log in at a TJHSST-provided Windows Computer (Laptop or Desktop)
Follow the screenshots below to clear your Edge cache.
- Open Edge.
- Click the menu button (three dots, horizontally).
- Click "Settings."
- Click "Choose what to clear."
- Make sure "Cached data and files" is checked. You may wish to uncheck the other checkboxes.
- Click "Clear."
Follow the screenshots below to configure the database proxy on Windows.
- Click the Start menu icon. The Start menu appears.
- Click "Settings." The Settings screen appears.
- In the search bar, type "proxy." A list of results appears.
- Click "Use automatic proxy configuration." The proxy configuration screen appears.
- Click "Use setup script." The "Script address" field is now available.
- In the "Script address" field, type
- Click "Save."
Test It Out
Note: You MUST use the database links provided at https://tjhsst.edu/research-academics/library/databases.html
- Open Edge.
- Navigate to the Library Databases page.
- Click "Ebook Central."
- You may be presented with a password prompt. If so, type "yourusername" in the username field, where yourusername is your TJHSST username. Then, type your TJHSST password in the password field.
- If you see the words "Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology," you have correctly set up the database proxy.