Use this page as a checklist for updating usernames.
The following items need to be updated when a username change is requested:
- Active Directory (handled by Windows IT staff)
- AFS username (pts)
- AFS home directory volume name (vos)
- AFS home directory mountpoint (fs)
- NSS LDAP (gecos, homeDirectory)
- Verify username (uid) and name (cn, sn, givenName) fields; they should automatically be updated by Identity Synchronization for Windows. If they were not, it may be time for a reinstall of ISW.
- Intranet LDAP (username, name fields); in the future if LDAP is moved to Sun LDAP + ISW, all of these changes will become automatic and need only be verified
- Mail (students only; username and name fields)