Meeting Minutes Sept 11 2008
Meeting Minutes 09 September 2008
Northrop Grumman donation
- Moving the Sun rack
- Specifications of Itanium nodes (use as VM hosts?)
- Cabling provided - power, Infiniband, ethernet
- Switches provided - just ethernet?
- Power requirements? Cooling?
- When would we get the equipment?
Tech Team meetings
- Let a lead sysadmin sit in on meetings?
- Lead sysadmins added to tech team email?
- How often and when?
- Support contract
- Kiosk deployment - status?
- Smartcards with or instead of student IDs
- Move to L1 because of NG grant?
- Power & networking requirements
- Sun Ray donation from Chantilly HS
- RFID cards MIA with graduated students
- Current list of owners
Password card access
- SSH keys when needed; root only for lead admins?
- LDAP sysadmin auth for servers
- Current up-to-date list
- Who is interested in what?
- Training for replacements
- Network Admin 1/2 for all Sysadmins or seniors only?
- Take off admins who are no longer interested/don't do work?
- Sysadmin policy form
Web service request form
- Send requests to sysadmin(s) or mailing list?
TA & 8th Period
- How involved is Ms. Fisher planning to me?
- Sysadmin 8th activity every block (restricted)
Budget & purchases
- 10 GigE uplink to main switch - when?
- 48 port GigE module?
- Consolidate and update servers
- Itanium nodes as VM hosts? hard drives included?
- Cobalt MIPS cluster
- Sun Ray GL FOG