The SysAdmin Alumni Association is an attempt for us to preserve the lab culture and opportunities it offers, as well as spend some time reconnecting through meetups and general nostalgia, both online and off. At the moment we're working on building out our history on the wiki and reconnecting with the various alumni in order to offer them membership. If you've just joined us, take a look around, edit your user page (a helpful template has been placed on it for you to enter your information), and see if you'd like to contribute anything. As we build the member base we'll work on ideas such as lecture series and work on organizing a meetup of former Admins, current Admins, and staff. Enjoy your stay, and if you have any suggestions or comments, send an e-mail to our list at firstname.lastname@example.org, or directly contact the current leadership at email@example.com.
- Eric Harmon
- SAAA Founder and Acting President
The 2010 Sysadmin Alumni Meetup is on! Currently scheduled for 27 December 2010 (the Monday after Christmas), we will be meeting either at TJ or Fuddruckers somewhere to have lunch, goof off around TJ, and reminisce about the olden days. You can RSVP here to let us know you might be coming, and we will probably send out more information on the SAAA mailing list.
- --posted by StephenRepetski 20:49, 25 October 2010 (EDT)
- --posted by EricHarmon on October 20, 2009
A new SysAdmin Alumni Association mailing list has been created. We would highly encourage all members of SAAA to register for it to receive updates and information, as well as general discusion.
- --posted By StephenRepetski September 6, 2009
In the next few weeks we will be inviting alumni Sysadmins to join SAAA. We will be building out the goals and purposes of the organization, and hopefully be organizing ways for alumni to contribute back to the current TJ community, as well as meet up with as many of past Sysadmins as possible.
- --posted by StephenRepetski September 6, 2009
A few users have been registered, we're hammering out the base content and checking if anything works.
- --posted by EricHarmon on March 23, 2009
- Who We Are - Information about the Sysadmin program
- Alumni Directory - Contact information for alumni in the database
- Lore - Share stories about the lab
- Notes & To-Do - A page with a list of notes and things yet to be documented. Feel free to hop in and wikify a chunk!
- Site Help - Get help on contributing to the site