Difference between revisions of "Firefox Proxy Documentation"
m (→Test It Out: categorize)
|Line 46:||Line 46:|
Revision as of 00:39, 27 February 2016
NOTE: You MUST have done the following before you can set up your TJ Proxy
- Log in at a TJHSST-provided Windows Computer (Laptop or Desktop)
Follow the screenshots below to clear your Firefox cache
- Open the menu by clicking the 3 bars at the top right
- Click on 'Preferences'
- Choose the 'Privacy' pane on the left side
- Click on the 'clear all current history'
- Make sure the time range is set to 'Everything' and 'Cache' is selected
- Click 'Clear Now'
Follow the screenshots below to configure your proxy in Firefox
- Navigate to the 'Advanced' tab of the preferences pane
- Click on 'Network'
- Choose the 'Settings' option under 'Connection'
- Select the 'Automatic proxy configuration URL' option
- Enter https://iodine.tjhsst.edu/www/proxy.pac as the url
- Click 'OK'
Test It Out
Note: You MUST use the database links provided at https://tjhsst.edu/research-academics/library/databases.html
- Navigate to https://tjhsst.edu/research-academics/library/databases.html
- Select the 'ebrary' database
- Enter your username and password. The format is <graduating year><first initial><first seven letters of last name>(In the example, the student would be Omkar Kulkarni, Class of 2019)
- You should see a page like this, with Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology at the top
- You're finished!