Discussion Agenda archive 1
If there is anything that needs to be/should be discussed in a sysadmin meeting, please list it here.
Donated equipment from Aristotle International
- Rack space
- Power requirements
- Additional UPSs
Red plugs(Not happening any time soon)
- Equipment usage
- Site placement - syslab, 119s, etc
- Full backup system that handles most (all if possible) data in the lab - "protect the data"
- Mainly a policy about how often the backup should be run.
- AFS Backups (more than .backup volumes)
- Integrate with the big backup system, or run separately?
- "Off-site" backups?
- Would actually need to be "offsite," not ten feet from the edge of the lab (119s).
Cleanup of AFS
- Clean the service directory
- Archive everything that is no longer in use
- Archive everything that is no longer useful
- One home directory per user
- Web-docs volumes?
- Audit permissions on all directories, including web, etc
- Other cleanup tasks
Additional "Services" To offer
- Online form submission (iodine or otherwise)
Enable Dynamic Power Savings Mode on Intel HPs
- Note to Lee: I have had no bad experiences with laptop power savings features (from an ancient P1 Toshiba to a 1-2 yr old IBM) and I was unable to find any problems online (either with laptops or with HP's) after a quick Google search. Please provide some links. FYI it is OS-independent.
- HP's website